By now I assume you know I love to cook as well as write romances. This pasta is light and full of flavor. It is also a great side dish to a shrimp or scallop dish.
- 1 pound spaghetti
- 6 tablespoons olive oil
- ¼ cup minced garlic or 10 large garlic cloves.
- ¾ teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley leaves
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice from 1 lemon
SERVES 4 TO 6
1. Adjust oven rack to lower-middle position, set large heatproof serving bowl on rack and heat oven to 200 degrees. Bring 4 quarts water to rolling boil, covered, in large pot. Add pasta and 1 1/2 teaspoons salt to boiling water, cook until al dente; reserve 1/3 cup pasta cooking water and drain pasta.
2. Combine 3 tablespoons oil, 3 tablespoons garlic, and 1/2 teaspoon salt in heavy-bottomed nonstick skillet; cook over low heat, stirring constantly, until garlic foams and is sticky and straw-colored, 10 to 12 minutes. Off heat, add remaining tablespoon raw garlic, red pepper flakes, parsley, lemon juice, and 2 tablespoons pasta cooking water to skillet and stir well to keep garlic from clumping.
3. Transfer drained pasta to warm serving bowl; add remaining 3 tablespoons olive oil and remaining reserved pasta cooking water and toss to coat. Add garlic mixture and 3/4 teaspoon table salt or 1 teaspoon sea salt flakes to pasta; toss well to combine. Serve immediately.